Looking for a low-carb, nutrient-rich dish for your senior? Look no further than this delicious summer zoodle salad. Packed with fresh veggies and savory flavors, this salad is perfect as a side to roasted chicken or baked salmon.
This dish is low in carbohydrates and provides plenty of fiber, making it perfect for a senior managing diabetes or working toward weight loss goals. With no cooking required, this summer zoodle salad is also quick to throw together.
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 zucchinis
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Run zucchinis through a zoodler to create spiralized zucchini.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and enjoy.
Per 6 servings*: 150 calories; fat 9g; saturated fat 3g; cholesterol 10mg; sodium 150mg; carbohydrate 14g; fiber 4g; total sugars 4g; added sugars 0g; protein 6g; calcium 7%DV; iron 8%DV; potassium 8%DV
*Please note: Nutrition variation may happen due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.