As warm weather approaches, cravings grow for light and fresh dishes. Fish can always satisfy when looking for a light, delicious meal, and this lemon crusted cod delivers on a savory flavor, while herbal and lemony notes hint at the upcoming summer.
For seniors, eating fish such as cod, salmon, tuna or mackerel can be a great way to increase heart-healthy foods in the diet. The U.S. Dietary Guidelines recommend consuming roughly 8 ounces of fish per week—about two pieces of fish roughly the size of your palm.
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cod filets
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, parsley and cheese.
- Spread olive oil over filets and toss in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place lemon wedges on top of fish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and enjoy!
Perfect fish pairings
This light and lemony cod dish can perfectly pair with a variety of side dishes to create a complete meal. Some delicious options are:
- Grilled or roasted asparagus
- Sautéed zucchini and onions
- Tomato, basil pasta
- Roasted fingerling potatoes
- Rice pilaf
- Grilled peaches
- Caesar salad
Per serving*: 230 calories; fat 10g; saturated fat 2g; cholesterol 60 mg; sodium 230mg; carbohydrate 10g; fiber 0g; total sugars 1g; added sugars 0g; protein 24g; calcium 7%DV; iron 4%DV; potassium 34%DV
*Please note: Nutrition variation may happen due to ingredient sourcing and measurement variations.