The Best Coffee Makers For Eldelry Persons
The Hamilton Beach Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker brews a customizable cup quickly– an 8 ounce cup in less than 90 seconds, and a 14 ounce travel mug in under two-and-a-half minutes. Use the regular setting for a quick basic automatic drip coffee, or get an upgrade and choose BOLD for more fine grinds, decaf or stronger flavors.
The coffeemaker uses a mesh scoop filter so you can brew with your choice of coffee grounds. We love that each scoop filter is labeled with two measuring lines for exact serving amounts.
- Easy to clean
- Brews quickly
- Adjusts for different cup sizes
- Easy to use– straightforward steps
- No warmer
- Doesn't take K-cups
- Automatic shut-off
- Spill resistant drip tray
- Stainless steel
- Settings for regular and bold coffee
- Includes a steel mesh scoop filter, no need for paper filters
- Brand: Hamilton Beach
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 6.7 x 8.7 inches
- Weight: 5.25 lbs
The classic functionality of Mr Coffee's 4-Cup Switch Coffee Maker makes it super easy to make rich tasting coffee. The Grab-A-Cup auto pause feature is a lifesaver if you need to a cup before the brew cycle has finished. The removable basket filter lifts out for quick and easy filling and cleaning.
- Very easy to operate
- Enough servings for 2 people
- Length of cord is short, so you may need to place next to outlet
- No auto shut-off
- On/Off indicator light lets you know when your coffee make is on or off
- Automatic pause feature stops brew cycle if you grab the cup before it has completed
- Dual water window allows for visibility as you fill
- Easy to clean stain resistant warming plate
- Brand: Mr. Coffee
- Dimensions: 9 x 7.2 x 10.9 inches
- Weight: 2.5 lbs
The Cuisinart coffeemaker has a compact design, making it a great option for a small household or a second home. It comes complete with some of our favorite features like brew pause and auto shut-off. The 4-cup stainless steel carafe is designed with a dripless pour spout and knuckle guard for added convenience.
- Takes up very little counter space
- Simple to use
- Metal carafe so it won't break
- Carafe can be tricky to open and may spill easily for some
- Cannot see the coffee while it's brewing because it is stainless steel
- 4-cup stainless steel carafe
- 30 minute automatic shut-off
- Brew-pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before brewing is finished
- Brand: Cuisinart
- Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 5.25
- Weight 3.25 lbs
The Adir Grab N' Go Personal Coffee Maker is super lightweight, can be easily transported and is the perfect size for tight counter spaces in your home. The coffee maker is made out of durable plastic and comes with a 15-ounce stainless steel travel mug. The appliance also comes equipped with a permanent filter, making it eco-friendly by eliminating the need for paper filters.
We love that all of the components are washable– even through your dishwasher!
- Multiple color choices
- Super lightweight
- Easy to wash
- Can't heat travel mug in the microwave
- Filter is delicate, may need to be replaced with long term use
- Eco-friendly, equipped with a permanent filter
- Comes with 15-ounce travel mug, designed to fit most cup holders
- Made using high-quality durable plastic
- Automatic shut-off
- Brand: AdirChef
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 5.1 x 10.1 in
- Weight: 1.3 lbs
The Black + Decker Single Serve Coffeemaker offers convenient one touch operation and useful features like a removable filter basket and permanent filter (included) to make your morning coffee ritual a breeze. The appliance also offers auto shut-off and has dishwasher safe components.
- Water comes out very hot
- Easy to clean
- Black inside makes it hard to see the fill line
- Travel mug gets very hot, making it difficult to hold
- Automatic shut-off
- 16-ounce capacity
- Eco friendly reusable filter
- One touch operation
- 16-ounce thermal travel mug included
- Brand: Black + Decker
- Dimensions: 6.1 x 5.5 x 9.4 inches
- Weight: 2.25 lbs
If you're looking to upgrade your morning coffee or would like more drink options, the Nespresso Vertuo offers freshly brewed coffee with cream as well as delicious, authentic espresso. The machine conveniently makes three cup sizes, 14oz. Alto, 8 oz. Coffee, and 1.35 oz. Espresso, at the touch of a button.
It includes a welcome set with 12 Large Nespresso VertuoLine capsules to get you started.
- Versatile, makes both coffee and espresso
- Users can send aluminum pods back to nespresso for free to be recycled and composted
- Great way to have espresso at home
- Pods are expensive and only sold online
- Runs loud and can vibrate a large mug
- Create single serve coffee or espresso
- Brew 5 different single serve sizes
- Automatic shut-off at 9 minutes of inactivity
- 40-ounce removable water tank
- Brand: Breville
- Dimensions: 10.75 x 14 x 14.5 in
- Weight: 12 lbs
Coffee Makers For Elderly Persons Buying Guide
Here are some things to consider before purchasing a new coffee maker for the senior in your life.
Many of the coffee makers in our review tout super quick brew time. A few offer brew pause as well if you need to grab a cup before brewing is finished. Consider how quickly you will need your coffee to complete brewing. If brew speed is important to you, look for a coffeemaker with quick brew time and brew pause if you want to grab your cup immediately.
Single Serve vs Carafe
Depending on how much coffee you drink and how many people you will be serving consider if you will need a carafe of coffee, or if a single cup will suffice. If you plan to get a carafe, consider if the coffeemaker has a warming plate, and how many cups it serves.
A few of the coffee makers in our review come equipped with permanent filters. These will often be the more eco-friendly choice as they help eliminate the need for paper filters. Consider also if there is an option to use your own reusable filter.
Consider if you will need the automatic shut-off feature, and how long you want to have your coffee maker on before it is automatically shut off. This can be nice if you want to brew your coffee, and leave it on the warmer for possibly a cup later. This alleviates the worry of having left it on, and burning the pot.