The Best Cameras For Seniors
Remember when you could develop photos instantly with an old Polaroid camera? This Fujifilm camera brings back that instant satisfaction by being able to immediately develop and print photos right from the camera. The camera comes equipped with an accessories bundle that includes everything needed to get the camera set up and printing in no time. The easy to use toggles and settings help simplify the use of the camera so your loved one doesn’t need to worry about missing a moment while fiddling with complicated camera settings.
The bright color and unique shape of this camera make it a wonderful gift idea. The accessories bundle adds even more fun by including different colored lenses, a photo album, and photo stickers to personalize each photo. Your loved one will enjoy how quickly they can start taking and printing photos, and the accessories give them creative and easy options for displaying their photos for maximum enjoyment.
- No more waiting for photos to develop or staring at photos on a small digital screen
- Included carrying case with strap makes it easy to take this camera on the go
- Ability to add a personal touch to photo displays with stickers and albums
- This set is also great for kids and could be a fun way for grandparents to capture memories with their grandchildren
- Will need to purchase additional film and accessories
- Quality is standard for an instant-develop camera – photos may not be as high resolution as with a digital or professional camera
- Immediately develop and print photos from the camera
- Comes in 5 bright, fun colors
- Bundle includes:
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Camera
- 2 instant film 20-packs
- Camera case with adjustable strap
- 64-photo album
- Selfie lens and 4 colored filters
- 10 hanging frames, 10 clips and string, 60 sticker frames, 5 plastic stand-up frames
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Brand: Fujifilm
- Weight: 10.9 ounces
- Dimensions: 9.4 x 7.5 x 5.8 inches
- Two AA batteries (included) required for operation
This slim digital camera from Kodak can be easily slipped into a pocket or bag for taking photos on the go. The camera is equipped with standard features that enhance each photo, including a 4x optical zoom and 27mm wide angle lens so your loved one can get the perfect closeup or capture a beautiful, sweeping landscape. The back of the camera is equipped with a 2.7 inch super bright LED screen so they can quickly check whether their photo turned out how they want.
We really love how slim and portable this camera is. Unlike most newer digital cameras, this one relies on AA batteries, so they don’t need to worry about a dead battery or remembering to charge the camera. This camera also boasts settings that improve photo quality but doesn’t go so overboard as to overwhelm the user with too many buttons and switches.
- Easy to use point and shoot camera is perfect for beginners
- Slim and portable, so they can take this camera with them everywhere
- Has all the features they need to get good quality photos without getting overwhelmed with too many settings
- The camera can go through batteries quickly
- While the settings aren’t overwhelming, it will take some time to get acquainted with the camera and which settings to use for each situation
- Uses both optical and digital zoom for ultimate detail and clarity
- 16 megapixels improve photo quality
- One-touch settings to switch to video mode, remove red eye, and more
- Comes with a wrist strap for easy carrying
- Brand: Kodak
- Weight: 4.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 1.1 x 3.7 x 2.4 inches
- Requires two AA batteries (included)
The Canon PowerShot ELPH is a well-known name in the digital camera world for a reason. These little cameras shoot high quality images thanks to a 20 megapixel sensor and powerful image processor. These features, along with an 8x optical zoom with image stabilization, make it a breeze for your loved one to capture detailed, rich images full of color and texture.
This camera is perfect for seniors because it’s so intuitive and easy to use. They can switch to video mode with a dedicated button to quickly shoot video and capture special moments. The camera is also equipped with automatic settings to make zooming and shooting photos and video in any shooting situation incredibly easy. No more wasted time trying to find the right camera setting – with the Canon ELPH they can point and click and trust that the camera will do the rest!
- Eco mode helps preserve power to prevent dead batteries
- A Help button on the camera makes it easy to learn and discover new settings without having to dig up the manual
- Automatic features make it foolproof to capture beautiful images
- Includes several fun settings such as fisheye lens, monochrome, and fireworks
- Battery needs to be removed from the camera for charging, doesn’t charge with a standard USB cord
- There’s no way to force the flash, it’s either on auto mode or turned off, which can be difficult for some low light situations
- 8x optical zoom with image stabilization can also be used in an automatic mode
- 720P HD video capabilities for shooting high quality video
- 20 megapixel camera delivers crisp, clear images
- Digital image stabilization reduces blur and camera shake
- Brand: Canon
- Weight: 4.5 ounces
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 0.9 x 2.1 inches
- 1 lithium polymer battery required (included)
Another slim point and shoot option, this AbergBest digital camera features a slim body and just the right settings to help your loved one take great photos. This camera is functional and simple to use, with settings for face detection, continuous shot, anti-shake, and more. The rechargeable battery enables 60 minutes of continuous camera use, great for taking longer videos or if they don’t want to worry about turning the camera off after every photo.
This camera also features voice capture and video capabilities, so they can easily and quickly switch between still and video modes. The camera is compatible with memory cards up to 64G, so they don’t have to worry about running out of space for their photos. The price point can’t be beat making it a worry-free investment if your loved one wants to take the camera on trips, use it outdoors, and more.
- Compact and lightweight for maximum portability
- Comes with two rechargeable batteries so they don’t need to worry about a dead battery while on the go
- Easy to use out of the box – the perfect beginner camera!
- Photo quality won’t be as strong as with more professional models
- The LCD screen isn’t as responsive to show where the camera is focused or to be able to zoom in on photos to check quality
- 2.7 inch LCD display on the back of the camera
- 21 megapixel resolution for crisp, clear photos
- 8x digital zoom for the perfect closeup
- Includes software for photo editing
- Brand: AbergBest
- Weight: 10.6 ounces
- Dimensions: 3.7 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches
- Uses a rechargeable lithium ion battery (included)
We love that this Samsung model features two LCD screens, one on the back for easy photo shooting and one on the front if your loved one wants to get in the photo themselves. Perfect for travel or taking group shots! Like other point and shoot models, this camera is light and compact, making it the perfect companion for taking on the go. Digital image stabilization technology gives confidence in low light situations and minimizes the need to constantly make sure the flash is on.
Another great element is the smart auto feature which automatically selects from a range of modes to best suit the subject and shooting conditions. These auto features make it stress free for your loved one to use this camera, and they don’t have to try to toggle between several settings to get the photo to turn out just right.
- Smart auto feature helps choose the perfect camera setting for the shooting condition
- Front screen is a fun way to take selfies and encourage your loved one to get in the shot themselves
- Easy to access and intuitive camera menu make it easy to change settings
- 3x digital zoom isn’t as powerful as some other models
- We recommend always keeping the camera safely stored in a case to protect the two screens
- Dual LCD screens – a 1.5 inch screen on the front and a 2.7 inch screen on the back
- 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom for great closeups
- 12.2 megapixels for high quality and more detail
- Video capabilities
- Brand: Samsung
- Weight: 6.7 ounces
- Dimensions: 6.2 x 5.5 x 2 inches
Our Best Cameras For Seniors Guide
When it comes to purchasing a camera, there’s no shortage of bells and whistles available to help anyone feel like a professional photographer. Camera companies like to tout the megapixel size and zoom capabilities of their cameras, but what do you really need to capture nice photos? Our buying guide will make it easy to decide which camera to buy for your loved one based on their interests and needs. When shopping for a new camera, we recommend paying close attention to whether the camera has automatic settings, included accessories, and also the general size and weight of the camera. If your loved one is a budding photographer and is constantly taking photos, you may want a model with more pizazz. For those looking for something simpler and easy to use right out of the box, it’s important to look for intuitive, automatic features. Here are all of the things we recommend considering when buying a camera:
How often does your loved one take photos? Are they familiar with photography and cameras and looking for something advanced, or are they a beginner looking for a simple point and shoot model? Thinking about the use case will help you determine if you need a more advanced, professional camera or if you should opt for a simple to use model. Another consideration is whether your loved one will prefer a digital camera or a classic Polaroid-style camera that allows them to instantly develop photos. Digital cameras come with more advanced settings for higher resolution images, but instant cameras come with the satisfaction of being able to immediately print and enjoy photos.
If portability and a lightweight body are important, we recommend choosing a compact camera that can be easily tucked into a pocket or bag. There are many lightweight yet powerful models available and these cameras are great for travel or snapping photos on the go.
Often when browsing cameras the first things you’ll notice are the number of megapixels or the level of zoom available for each model. The higher the number of megapixels, the better the image resolution. Digital and optical zoom are also elements to consider. Optical zoom refers to using the camera’s lens to zoom in on the subject of the photo, whereas digital zoom uses software to crop the subject to achieve a similar effect. Typically a higher optical zoom creates better results. Both of these specifications are important to consider for image quality, but also keep in mind that the more advanced the zoom and megapixels, the more expensive and often bulkier the camera will be.
Your loved one’s photography skills will likely dictate how many settings the camera should have. Many professional models offer robust settings to fine tune each photo, while more basic models offer automatic settings that allow the user to just point and snap without having to fiddle with buttons. Some cameras also offer more fun settings to change the color or size of a photo, mimic different lighting or effects, or other ways to manipulate the image.
To protect their new camera, it’s important to have a proper case and cleaning equipment. Many cameras come with an accessories bundle that will include cases, straps, cleaning cloths, and other accessories. Some models also include SD cards for storage, extra sets of batteries, or cables for charging or syncing the camera with a computer. Most of these items can be purchased individually, but it’s often worth it to look for a bundle that includes accessories so your loved one has everything they need right out of the box.